Stress can keep you from living the life you were meant to live because when stress consumes you, it becomes your focus. And, the more you focus on stress, the worse it gets.
Quick Facts About Stress
* Americans spend $11.3 billion per year to cope with stress.
* Over 90% of disease is caused or complicated by stress.
* Job stress is estimated to cost U.S. industry $300 billion annually.
* Percentage of adults being treated for depression: 54%.
* Stress has been linked to all leading causes of death, including heart disease and cancer.
* Long-term stress is strongly associated with depression, heart disease, and weakened
* Up to 60% of employee absences are due to psychological problem such as stress and
* Estimated percentage of American adults attempting to control stress: 95%.
Two Secrets About Stress
The first secret is that the more you focus on what you can’t control, the worse it gets.
The second secret is that the more you focus on what you can control, the less you focus on the things that bother you.
The Bottom Line
Stress is probably part of your life. Understand the power it has to move into the many areas of your life if left unchecked. Focus on handling your stress one area at at time — like health — and see if it doesn’t help the other areas work better — like work and finances.
Hope that helps. If you need anything, just let me know. I’m always here to help. (www.sandrasmith.com)